Saturday, April 22, 2006

I'm going to Vomit!

Image hosting by Photobucket

I want to vomit!
Sorry if that's sickening, or too straight forward, I am only telling the truth.
Ok, this... is going to be different than any of my other posts. I feel like I want to tell other Christians something. So, this might not be as structured as my other writings.
I feel like I want to vomit! Today was going great. I had a great lunch, coffee with friends, ate out with my parents and things were going good.
Then, I was going to hang out with some other friends at one of their houses. Well it turns out, there was a huge party going on there, and I thought it was only going to be me and a couple of friends. Needless to say there was alcohol there that people brought in. I got hit on by like 4 drunk guys, yelling “hey baby, come give me your number.” I felt like vomiting, because I did nothing about it. I simply stayed there for an hour, and then left feeling disgusted without even saying goodbye to any of my close friends.
Seriously I am getting so worked up over this. I just see things in black and white right now. I seriously do. I know what God wants from me as a true and faithful servant and I’m sinning if I do not obey what He wants me to do. Most of it I can't do ... But most of it with God's help I can.
As a Christian, I think people act the way they truly believe. I believe in a hell. I believe that some of those people in that house were going to hell, because they weren't forgiven by God yet. THEN WHY ON EARTH WASN'T I PROCLAIMING TRUTH WHILE I WAS THERE!?
-Rom 2:19 and if you are sure that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
Paul also said to question your faith and examine yourself.
-2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
Well tonight has really tested my faith. Why don’t I care enough about people to actually tell them what is up!? I must seriously not be compassionate. I must have no sincere love for those people. Tonight I showed them I could care less about their eternal state. Maybe it is because I thought they were all too drunk to even know what I was saying? Maybe that's just my excuse.
God calls us to be separate from the world. He calls us to live holy lives.
-2Ti 2:21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.
He tells us to tell others about Him. He also says, for what does darkness have in common with light.
-2Co 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
No wonder I don’t ever fell comfortable when I find myself in those types of situations.
Seriously, Christians need to listen up now. We need to stop being selfish and wanting to "enjoy life" Our life here on earth is but a mist, nothing but a vapor.
-Jam 4:14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
It is like snapping your fingers compared to eternity. We Must be on our guard at all times.
-Mar 13:33 Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come.
We must be in God's word always, so we can have answers for the hope we have to the lost and dying world.
-1Pe 3:15 but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you;
Seriously, 150,000 people die a day. Why on earth are we selfish so called Christians wanting to "enjoy life". This may sound extreme to those who are reading. BUT I will say God blesses us while on earth as well as in Heaven.
-Psa 144:15 Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the LORD!
We aren't called to have lives we are going to hate NO. BUT we aren't called to live every second of our lives just for ourselves. In Ecclesiastes, Some think It was Solomon who wrote this but whoever the author (different topic for a different time), Ecc:9-7-10
-Ecc 9:7 Go, eat your bread in joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do.
Ecc 9:8 Let your garments be always white. Let not oil be lacking on your head.
Ecc 9:9 Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that he has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun.
Ecc 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.
Here he is not saying these things are what we should do, but the meaning in vs 7 is often used in a way by some Christians who say God wants us to just enjoy life. But in its context, it really means to seize every possible pleasure and enjoyment while you can, because you won’t be able to work, invent, think, or know anything in Sheol, where you are irreversibly heading. I looked up the meaning of Sheol and it means “underworld,” “the Land of the dead,” or “the shadowy place of the dead” So really the author was not speaking these things as a command, but rather saying .. why not, we are just going to die anyways, eat drink and be merry enjoy life.
-Pro 17:24 The discerning sets his face toward wisdom, but the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth.
I hear so many Christians even nowadays saying these very things. I’m so sick of that mentality. I truly am. Paul said he learned how to be content in all situations.
-Phi 4:11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
I shall do the same, I should realize how much I’ve been forgiven. I truly love God for all he has done for me and find pleasure in following Him, and his commands even if life gets rocky.
There is also a passage in Luke 12:16-22

-Luke 12:16 And he told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man produced plentifully,
Luk 12:17 and he thought to himself, 'What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?'
Luk 12:18 And he said, 'I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.
Luk 12:19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.'
Luk 12:20 But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?'
Luk 12:21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God."
Luk 12:22 And he said to his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on.
Luk 12:23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing.

The rich man wanted to just kick back and enjoy life, and what did Jesus reply with?

So this mentality “Enjoy life to the fullest and seek your own pleasure and fullfill those desires”. We should say NO!! CHRISTIANS OF TODAY, WE DONT HAVE THAT MUCH TIME ON EARTH TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL TO EVEN 1/5 OF THE WORLD! Peoples lives are at stake, its just going to be a matter of if Christians,(myself included) care enough. If you truly believe in a Heaven and a Hell, Truly Deep down then we shall live the way God wants us to, it would be insane of us not to warn friends, family, and strangers of Hell. Why can't we just let go of the world instead of having one foot in the world and one foot out of the world? Why be selfish. Am I even making sense right now? I'm not saying Christians can go to parties as long as they witness. Or anything like that.
-2Co 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
(none)
I’m also not saying that Christians should try pulling themselves out of the world and start some cultic community. I am only saying, if a Christian finds themselves in ANY PLACE Church, a party, a bar, a movie theater, a friends house, and they truly are concerned for others eternal lives, they should consider how they act, what they say, if they share the truth or not with the person they are coming into contact with. They should also ask the main question. Am I glorifying God with my words? I’m not an extremist. I am being honest. A friend pointed out scripture to me today that said,
- 1 Corinthians 10;31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

For we Christians not need to be selfish. Paul continues in saying
-1 Corinthians 10:32-33 even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved. Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
Personally I'm DONE going to places where there are going to be a bunch of drunks shouting “Hey baby.” I never enjoy it I am always just compromising to “hang out” when really I’m not even “hanging out at all” I’m always just sitting there feeling crappy trying to hide my feelings. These people really need the truth. I'm just saying, Christians & (I) need to be more bold and stand up for the God that gave them life, be a light to the darkness; If they truly believe it wholeheartedly.
I’m done. So… the topic of this post was… hmm… evangelism, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil, believers being yoked with unbelievers, and uhh.. ya. Pretty much a lot.
Alright its 3 in the morning and I’m tired.
So Goodmorning
Thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

Geoff ,
what's up? Ya, That's my pray is that the world will see more Christ in his church over the coming years. I'm sick of compromising, looking like the world, and I pray the Holy Spirit convicts others of the same. I've experienced dumping out peoples expensive drink, You are right on that one. My main idea I wanted to express in this blog was that those roles, aren't our jobs! We aren't suppose to be there for highschool students that are drunk and care for them. But if you are ever in that situation, Geoff you did the right thing, but we aren't their mommy's and daddys.Ya Know. Usually Christians are the ones there keeping their head, and they say we aren't "having fun" and try to tempt us with sin ourselves. We shouldn't be there.
I've told myself before I'm done with the "party Scene" But never was the Holy Spirit so clear to me like He was last night. Have a good day, I left some comments on your blog the other day.
God Bless
-brittany

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

DJ Iason!!! What is up? I didn't know you had a blogspot. How exciting. Thanks for the scripture. They all helped to confirm my thoughts.
This Scripture you pointed out in Jude is so promising! I know this issue will no longer be a struggle in my life, with the help of Christ
-Now to Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight] -
I can't wait to go check out your posts.
Dont resist going towards evangelism! You will only be happy with the descions you will make if you do. You will never Regret, witnessing to someone, Unless you regret for the wrong reasons. But just simply keep your eyes on the Kingdom of God and building it up.
Thanks for reading.
Talk to ya later
-brittany

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

IT said you had to confirm them first.
??
So CONFIRM THEM LOSER!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger 1212 said...

Brittany,
I finally read the blog. It was pretty good. Although, I would like to set up the context for Ecclesiastes a little better. Chapters 1-11 of Ecc are talking from a Humanistic perspective on life... IN chapter 12 Solomon summarizes life from a godly perspective. It is as if He is trying to build up to that last chapter! It's really interesting. And what is even more interesting, is the fact that he was using himself as the unrighteous person of chapters 1-11. It's like you talking about the party, and them summarizing what should be, from a godly perspective later. Anyway, the reason why I said this, is because christians, and especially atheists like to go to ecclesiastes to say this or that, but they miss the whole point (ch.12)! "Fear God, and do what He says!"

But that sucks that you had to endure through that non-sense. I've had many, many experiences like that, why did you think I used to always say to you 2 Cor 6, 2 Cor 6, 2 Cor 6, like a parrot or something. You never frekin' listened! But I'm glad that God has finally given the grace for you to understand! Now you have to work on Matt, and about 95% of the church too. Living as "carnal" christians and what not. The lukewarm attitude of having "one foot in and one foot out" as you have said, is nothing more than a loud profession of "lukewarmness" or "apostates!" Hebrews 6 talks all about apostates! Pretty scary...
pretty sad...

But anyway, we live to please Christ, and we find out HOW TO, by reading what He wrote for us. Brittany, be blunt with people, that is the easiest way to proclaim the truth. You are honest without sacrificing God's Holy Word with "a limp-wristed gospel!" I read Luke 11 today! Good stuff...

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

Hey Josh yes it sucks I didn't truly understand you when you were a parrot. I knew what you were meaning but never listened To God's Word. A friend and I were talking about Hebrews 6 the other night. I just read Luke 11. That chapter has a lot of material in it. I hear a lot about Luke 11:9-13 from Christians. When I teach other Christians about this subject i always ask them "Does that mean I can get a million dollars from God if I ask for it? Or Something against the Bible to happen? Then I explain what we ask for Needs to be according to GOds Will and if it isn't it will not be answered. In the Heidelberg Catechism Under Lords day 45 116, It says, Why do CHristians need to pray? The answer is because Prayer is the most important part of the thankfulness God requires of us. And also because God gives his grace and Holy SPirit only to those who pray continually and Groan inwardly asking God for these gifts and thanking him for them. When setting this up they used Luke 11:9-13.
As a reference. Also Lords day 46 is the question of Why did Christ command us to call God our father? The answer was that every beginning of our prayer Christ wants to kindle in us what is basic in our prayer. The childlike awe and trust that God through Christ has become our Father. Our fathers do not refuse us the things of this life, God our Father will even less refuse to give us what we ask in faith. and they just used luke 11:9-13 for that too. There were more verses in reference to that one too. Courtney actually did a study on the subject of prayer last wednesday, So i studied that last week. Hope soccer was fun. SInce i was up all night last night!, I'm sick now with a headache and sore throat, and I didn't go to my first three classes. Yep sure didn't! Well have a good day.
-brittany

 

Post a Comment

<< Home